COVID 19 Update – 3/29/2020 630AM
UPDATED 3/29/2020 630AM
OFFICE HOURS starting 3/30/2020
3/19/2020 300pm – To our patients, family, and friends, as of Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community. We are listening to the experts. Clink for link
What does this mean?
1) If you are currently scheduled for an annual eye exam, a dry eye or contact lens follow up, we will reschedule you.
2) If you need to replace your GLASSES or CONTACTS and need an extension on your prescription, please CONTACT US and we will assist you in obtaining some until you can come in for a visit.
3) If you are RUNNING OUT of ocular vitamins, dry eye drops, dry eye supplements, eyelid cleansing spray, or need a new heating mask, please contact us and we will gladly send you a care package.
4) If you are running out of a medication for glaucoma or infection please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
5) If you have an OCULAR EMERGENCY or an issue which CANNOT WAIT for an office visit starting mid April, contact us and we will schedule a time to see you.
6) During this period of social distancing and quarantine, WE MUST ALL DO OUR PART by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care.
Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
In our effort to do our part in social distancing, we have:
– shortened our office hours from 10am – 4pm and will see emergent cases only. No routine exams.
– assigned 1 team member per day to assist with addressing our patients needs
This will stay in effect until further notice. It is in order to protect them, our patients, our city, our nation. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
We will do our part.
With sincerest wishes for your health and well being, and thank you for your loyalty to our practice, please call if you need us,
Dr. Crawford and the AVC team
Dear AVC family,
We wanted to update you on the changes that are taking place at Accurate Vision Clinic due to emerging information regarding the COVID-19 outbreak. Tuesday evening, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released recommendations to preserve staff and patient safety for healthcare providers. You can read the statement here.
To do our part in limiting the spread of the Coronavirus, we are going to abide by these recommendations and cease any “routine/annual eye exams” until April 1st. This is an evolving situation, thus we will resume routine care when we are directed it is safe to do so. If you have an exam scheduled during this time, we will reschedule you as soon as possible.
Starting Monday 3/23/20, the office will be open with reduced hours (10am – 4pm) and staffing. To best follow social distancing guidelines, we request that visits to the office be limited unless absolutely necessary. However, we will be available during office hours for urgent care visits. Please call the office if you are having any urgent problems with your eyes or vision that may require attention.
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Take care and wash your hands,
Dr. Crawford and the AVC staff
We will be open with reduced hours starting Monday 3/23/2020 until further notice. The office will be open from 10am to 4pm, we will only be seeing urgent eye care patients. Please call the office if you have any urgent problems with your eyes or vision.
Starting on 3/19/2020 per the CDC and American Optometric Association recommendations we will not be seeing any patients for “routine eye exams.” We will reschedule all exams, however, that date is yet to be determined. Please call the office so that we can answer any questions.
Accurate Vision Clinic is taking precautions to protect our clients and prevent the spread of COVID-19. You can continue to feel safe in our care and at our facility.
1) If you have recently traveled outside of Alaska in the past 14 days, we ask that you call ahead of your appointment to tell us so we can discuss the best course of action for you.
2) If you are interested in delaying your visits, please contact the office so we can advise you on the best plan for your individual circumstances.
3) We are requesting clients attend their appointment alone, without visitors or partners, to better comply with social distancing guidelines. Please call the clinic or reply to our appointment reminder texts if you want to reschedule.
Thank you all for your understanding as we navigate this evolving situation. Check back for more updates. Thanks, AVC